Posted By Claire on April 10, 2018
Do act quickly to secure your place by clicking here.
The Discover the Tudors is an exclusive, luxury tour for self-confessed Tudor lovers. It visits 12 historic locations over 9 days with accommodation in 4-star luxury hotels. The tour is led by tour manager Philippa Lacey Brewell of British History Tours and Claire Ridway (me!) and includes Tudor talks from three published Tudor authors. It runs from the 16 – 24 September 2018.
- Windsor Castle
- Hampton Court Palace
- Hatfield House
- Shakespeare’s Birthplace, Stratford-upon-Avon
- Shakespeare’s Schoolroom, Stratford-upon-Avon
- New Place, Stratford-upon-Avon
- Shakespeare’s resting place, Holy Trinity Church, Stratford-upon-Avon
- Kenilworth Castle
- Bosworth Battlefield
- London Charterhouse
- Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre and Bankside tour
- National Portrait Gallery
- Leanda de Lisle, author of The Sisters Who Would be Queen: The Tragedy of Mary, Katherine & Lady Jane Grey, After Elizabeth, Tudor: The Family Story and Charles I: Traitor, Murderer, Martyr.
- Claire Ridgway, founder of The Anne Boleyn Files and the Tudor Society, author of eight history books including The Fall of Anne Boleyn: A Countdown.
- Dr Elizabeth Goldring, author of Robert Dudley, Earl of Leicester, and the World of Elizabethan Art: Painting and Patronage at the Court of Elizabeth I and the forthcoming Nicholas Hilliard: Life of an Artist (c.1547-1619), editor of John Nichols’s The Progresses and Public Processions of Queen Elizabeth I: A New Edition of the Early Modern Sources, and Honorary Associate Professor at the Centre for the Study of the Renaissance, the University of Warwick.
- The Harte and Garter, opposite Windsor Castle
- The Arden Hotel, Stratford upon Avon
- The Doubletree by Hilton, near the Tower of London
The tour can be paid for in instalments to help spread the cost. The tour is financially protected. Find out more at www.britishhistorytours.com/history-tours/discover-the-tudors.
Here are some videos about the tour and the places we visit…
It really is a dream tour for Tudor history lovers and I hope you can join me!