Posted By Claire on August 16, 2022
If you missed my post at the beginning of last month, you won’t know that we’re going to be publishing a 2023 Anne Boleyn Files & Tudor Society Calendar – hurrah! I know how many of you were disappointed last year when we took a break from it.
It will be a wall calendar and each month will be illustrated with a Tudor themed-photograph. But not just any Tudor-themed photo! A photo taken by an Anne Boleyn Files/Tudor Society follower!
We’ll choose 12 winning photos to be featured in the calendar, and the overall winner will have their photo gracing the front of the calendar.
If you’d like to enter our calendar photograph competition then see the rules below and submit your photos by the end of day 1st September.
- The subject of your photo must have a Tudor theme – It could be of a Tudor building (or a building linked to the Tudors in some way) or attraction, a re-enactment such as a joust or battle, or be taken at a Renaissance faire. It could feature a re-enactor in Tudor costume, it could be of a Tudor artefact… Anything that has a clear Tudor theme.
- You can submit up to 5 photos.
- Photos can be in colour or black and white, but must be landscape (horizontal) as portrait (vertical) photos do not work very well with our calendar format.
- Permission needs to be obtained from everybody featured in the photo.
- The competition is open to entrants from all over the world.
- You can enter by filling in the form at the link below and uploading your photos.
- The competition is open to amateur and professional photographers.
- By entering the competition you are giving The Anne Boleyn Files & Tudor Society permission to publish your photo in the calendar and on our websites.
- The photo(s) must be your own work and the copyright must belong solely to you.
- We cannot accept photos that have been entered into any other competition or published elsewhere.
- A panel of judges will pick 12 photos to feature in the calendar and one overall winner whose photo will also be published on the calendar cover. A runner-up will also be chosen. The judges’ decision is final.
- The closing date is end of day 1st September 2022.
As I’ve said, 12 winning photos will be picked for publication in the calendar and each photographer’s name will appear on the calendar. An overall winner will be picked and will win a $25 Amazon.com gift certificate or a £20 Amazon.co.uk gift certificate (or equivalent for your country’s Amazon page) on top of having his/her photo published on the front cover. All 12 winners will be sent a copy of the calendar.
How to enter
Simply fill in your details and upload your photos by going to this link –
Remember, you only have until the end of 1st September to get your entries in!