Posted By Claire on January 31, 2011
Just to let you know that we now have two spaces available for The Executed Queens Tour which runs from the 15th-21st May 2011 and is split between 2 locations, Bosworth Hall Hotel and Hever Castle. You can see the itinerary at http://tour.theanneboleynfiles.com/executed-queens-2011/itinerary/ and the cost is £2000.00 which is due by the 14th February, although we are happy to give you extra time on this as you are a late booking.
Highlights of The Executed Queens Tour include:-
- Stay at Anne Boleyn’s family home, Hever Castle, walk in her footsteps and be surrounded by history and beauty. We have the exclusive use of the Astor Wing with its luxury rooms, Tudor dining room and conference facilities. There’s nothing quite like getting up in the morning and getting lost in the Hever gardens before breakfast!
- Visit the Tower of London on “Anne Boleyn Day” to commemorate her execution on 19th May 1536. We will be able to pay our respects at the Chapel and pause a while and feel close to Anne.
- Enjoy tours of the Tower, Hever Castle and Hampton Court Palace with our own personal guide so that we can get expert inside knowledge on these famous Tudor places.
- Meet Anne Boleyn biographer and expert Professor Eric Ives and hear him talk about our heroine, Anne Boleyn.
- Hear Lady Jane Grey expert Leanda de Lisle talk about Lady Jane Grey and her untimely death.
- Meet Tudor expert Dr John Guy and learn all about Mary Queen of Scots.
- Visit Sheffield Manor Lodge which was once the home of the Earl of Shrewsbury and his wife, Bess of Hardwick, and the prison of Mary Queen of Scots – She’s said to haunt it!
- See the ruins of Bradgate House, childhood home of the ill-fated Nine Day Queen, Lady Jane Grey.
- Visit the site of the battle which started the Tudor Dynasty – The Battle of Bosworth
- Meet other Tudor fans and take home some very special memories.
- Receive a special Executed Queens themed goody bag.
Please email me ASAP if you are interested in the tour. The meeting place is London Victoria Station at around 11.30am on 15th May, so you will need to arrange travel (flights etc.) to get there on time. I will handle enquiries on a first come first served basis. Only serious enquiries please.My email is email@example.com
Further details can be found at the tour website – http://tour.theanneboleynfiles.com/