Posted By Claire on February 2, 2011
On the 17th February 2011 The Anne Boleyn Files celebrates its 2nd birthday and I also have a special birthday this month, so I thought it would be good to celebrate these wonderful milestones with an article competition.
I would like you to write an article on the following question: “Did the life and death of Anne Boleyn make an impact on history and, if so, how and why?”.
I’d also like to take this opportunity to thank you all for making this site what it is today. At time of writing, we presently have 27,125 people visit this site every month and when I started this site in February 2009 I really had no idea that there were that many people fascinated in Anne Boleyn and Tudor history. A big thank you to you all.
The judges will choose one winner to win a signed copy of Robert Parry’s latest novel, “The Arrow Chest”, and a $20 Anne Boleyn Files voucher for use on our jewellery ranges, dresses or French Hoods.
Here are the rules for the Anne Boleyn Files Birthday Competition:-
- Write an original article about entitled “Did the life and death of Anne Boleyn make an impact on history and, if so, how and why?”.
- The article should have a minimum of 400 words.
- Email your article, along with your full name, to firstname.lastname@example.org by the end of Monday 14th February 2011. The winner will be announced on the site on the 17th February.
- Your article must be your own work and by entering the competition you are giving your permission for it to be published on the site. Please include a list of sources used.
- Do not use an article that you have already had published elsewhere.
- The prize is non-transferrable and cannot be exchanged for something else.
- The Anne Boleyn Celebration Dress – This is the dress which Natalie Dormer wore in Season 2 Episode 4 of “The Tudors” and Kris has replicated beautifully using Elegant Lamoure Wine/Burgundy Dull Bridal Satin and a hand beaded trim of glass pearls, amethyst and mauve bicone Czech glass beads. Stunning!
- The Anne Boleyn Blue Embroidered Dress – A wonderful replica of the blue and gold embroidered dress worn by Natalie Dormer as Anne Boleyn in “The Tudors” Season 1 Episodes 6 and 7, and also in a promo shot for Season 1. The gold overskirt is detachable so you get 2 looks for the price of one!
Anne Boleyn Tours
We presently have one place available on The Executed Queens Tour May 2011 and one place available on The Anne Boleyn Experience July 2011, see the Tour website for details.