Posted By Claire on August 16, 2011
Following on from the launch of our new improved Discover the Tudors Tour, today we are launching our 2012 Executed Queens Tour.
On this six night tour, attendees will learn about the ill-fated Tudor Queens: Anne Boleyn, Catherine Howard, Lady Jane Grey and Mary Queen of Scots, from expert guest speakers and visits to key Tudor places. Highlights of this tour include:-
- Visit to Bosworth Battlefield Heritage Centre – Go back in time to the moment when Henry VII defeated Richard III at the Battle of Bosworth Field. Enjoy a hands-on falconry experience, talk on weaponry and Tudor battle tactics, exhibition and walk of the battlefield
- Sheffield Manor Lodge – See the Turret House said to be haunted by Mary Queen of Scots, learn all about her time with the Earl of Shrewsbury and Bess of Hardwick, walk round the ruins of the manor
- Hever Castle – Let Hever Castle, childhood home of Anne Boleyn, work its magic on you as you stay in the private Astor Wing and get lost in the gardens. Nobody ever wants to leave Hever, it always has a huge impact on people.
- Tower of London – Pay your respects to Anne Boleyn, Catherine Howard and Lady Jane Grey at this amazing fortress which dates back to the 11th century
- Hampton Court Palace – Enjoy the lavish palace ‘given’ to Henry VIII by Cardinal Wolsey and search for the hidden HA motifs.
- Stay at the historic houses of Hever Castle and Coombe Abbey
- Enjoy a medieval banquet with dagger, bib and mead, while being entertained
- Talks by eminent Tudor historian Dr John Guy and author and historian Gareth Russell, who is also leading the group. One other historian to be confirmed.
We all had a fantastic time on the 2011 Executed Queens Tour so that’s why we’re offering it again. Be warned, you’ll never want to go home!
The tour runs from Saturday 9th June to Friday 15th June 2012
Special Offer – Don’t Miss Out!
Because we really need to ensure that this tour is going ahead, so that we can confirm our venue bookings, we are offering an Early Bird Special offer, just like we are for the Discover the Tudors Tour.
Book your place with a deposit of £300 per person before midnight on Monday 22nd August 2011 and we will give you a discount of £100 off the full price of the tour. Your name will also be put into a prize draw for a signed copy of “The Life and Death of Anne Boleyn” by Eric Ives.
Click here to book your place now. Places are limited to 20 so that everyone can have a truly personal and magical experience.
The full itinerary, cost, dates and terms can be found at our tour website – click here.
You can read testimonials from past tour attendees on our Testimonials page.