Posted By Claire on August 9, 2020
In this latest edition of my Questions about Anne Boleyn series, I answer questions that I’m regularly asked about Queen Anne Boleyn’s execution, which took place 19th May 1536.
- What were the charges against Anne Boleyn?
- When was Anne Boleyn executed?
- Where was Anne Boleyn executed?
- Who was at Anne Boleyn’s execution?
- Which ladies attended Anne Boleyn at her execution?
- What did Anne Boleyn wear at her execution?
- How as Anne Boleyn executed?
- Was Anne Boleyn blindfolded?
- Who was Anne Boleyn’s executioner?
- What did Anne Boleyn say at her execution?
- Where was Anne Boleyn buried?
- Was Anne Boleyn’s head put on a pike?
- Were Anne Boleyn’s remains ever exhumed?
- What sources do we have for Anne Boleyn’s execution?
- What was the reaction to Anne Boleyn’s execution in Europe?
My article on the exhumation of Anne Boleyn’s remains can be found here.
And now for some fun – it is 2020 after all and we need fun! Here is a screen capture that my dear friend Sheena sent me of the YouTube closed captioning for the above video. What I’m actually saying is “crimson kirtle, an ermine-trimmed grey damask robe….” Ha!