In this latest instalment of my “Questions about Anne Boleyn” series, I look at Philippa Gregory’s best-selling novel, “The Other Boleyn Girl”, which was also turned into a movie and adapted for television.
“The Other Boleyn Girl” has brought Anne Boleyn and Mary Boleyn’s stories to life for many people, and provoked an interest in Tudor history, but it has also caused a bit of confusion with some readers not knowing which bits of the story are accurate and which are fictional. In this talk, I try to clear up the confusion by pointing out some of the main inaccuracies in the novel and film.
I have listed videos where I go into more details on some of these topics below. They’re all part of my Questions about Anne Boleyn playlist.
Here are links to further videos on these topics:
- Did Anne Boleyn miscarry a deformed foetus?
- Mary Boleyn Facts: Who was Mary Boleyn? (Mary Boleyn 1)
- Mary Boleyn: Mistress of two kings? (Mary Boleyn 2)
- Jane Boleyn – Did she help bring down Anne Boleyn?
- Did Anne Boleyn and George Boleyn have an unnatural relationship?
- Was Anne Boleyn a homewrecker?
- Was Anne Boleyn charged with witchcraft?
- Did Anne Boleyn have much of a relationship with Elizabeth I?
- Did Anne Boleyn steal Henry Carey from Mary Boleyn?