Wow, I can’t believe it’s Friday again already! This week really has flown by. So, what’s new this week and what’s been going on in the land of The Anne Boleyn Files and the Tudor World?:-
- I’ve been busy blogging every day this week over at The Elizabeth Files after listening to each episode of BBC Radio 4’s Book of the Week featuring Tracy Borman’s book “Elizabeth’s Women” which has just been released in the UK. Read my five blogs over at The Elizabeth Files and have a listen to the programmes on BBC iPlayer. Be quick though, programme 1 is only available for another 3 days!
I’ve also been dipping into the book because I was lucky enough to receive it yesterday – what I like about it is the fact that Borman writes a lot about Anne Boleyn’s influence on her daughter’s life. The book has just been released in the UK but Amazon UK ship worldwide.
- Jewellery – Daniela has been busy designing more jewellery for our “The Tudors” range (including the Tassel Necklace that Natalie Dormer wore in the execution scene) and also for our Elizabeth movie range over at The Elizabeth Files, so take a look at the new editions. We are also adding more jewellery sets which are great because they save you a bit of money and they are perfect for presents – Christmas is coming!!
- “The Lady in the Tower: The Fall of Anne Boleyn” by Alison Weir has been released! – Yeah! It has been released a few days early and is now available in the UK. Click here to order it from Amazon UK who will ship internationally, mine is in the post! I will of course do a review as soon as I have read it.
Friday Fun – Yes, it’s quiz time again! Have some fun and also get your brain working by taking the BBC History Magazine weekly quiz. Click here to begin.
- Happy customers – I love hearing from customers who have bought things from the site and I especially love seeing photos of you wearing our jewellery.
Our gold-plated B necklace was used by re-enactors at The Festival of History and is also being worn by the Anne Boleyn actress at the Royal Armouries museum in Leeds, and many other customers have written to tell me about how they have worn the jewellery in Tudor themed weddings, plays, re-enactments and also in their daily life. Anyway, as a thank you I’m offering 10% discount vouchers to customers who send me a photo of themselves wearing the jewellery or headdresses, or of our oil paintings hanging in their house. The photos you see here are from real customers.
- September’s Book of the Month – Remember to check out our September Book of the Month review before it gets replaced with the October one!
- This week’s blogs – Check out this week’s blogs: Newsflash on new Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn resources, The Tale of Two Coronations and Anne Boleyn’s Influence on Elizabeth I Part 2.
Photos: Evelyne Bouchard wearing our Anne Boleyn Topaz Cross Necklace with her own handmade 1535 Anne Boleyn gown. Costume made by Evelyne Bouchard for the Cartier-Brébeuf National Historic Site of Canada. You can see more of Evelyne’s photos at http://costumes.myphotoalbum.com
Claire Biggs-Tandy wearing the Anne Boleyn Double Pearl Headband.