I’ve just received confirmation from Professor Eric Ives that he can speak on our September 2012 Anne Boleyn Experience Tour! Yay!
Eric has spoken on our tours twice now and has thoroughly enjoyed meeting tour attendees and talking about Anne Boleyn. In July he stopped his talk and apologised for the length of it and when we said we were happy listening for as long as he could speak he commented, “I can talk about Anne until the cows come home, so please stop me when you’ve had enough!” Could we ever have enough of Eric Ives talking about Anne Boleyn? I don’t think so! You will also have the chance to ask Eric those burning questions and to get your book signed.
I’m so glad that Eric can make it as I believe there is no-one better to talk on Anne Boleyn. I refer to his biography of her as my “Anne Boleyn Bible” and get very stressed if it gets moved off my desk! If you haven’t read it then make sure you get hold of a copy, it is huge and covers every aspect of her life and reign.
Other Anne Boleyn Experience Tour highlights include:-
- Staying at Hever Castle – A magical experience in itself!
- Visiting Hampton Court Palace and the Tower of London, as well as Hever.
- Meeting others who want to ‘talk Tudor’ – It really is wonderful to not have people’s eyes glazing over when you talk about Anne Boleyn!
- Meeting Robert Parry, author of “Virgin and the Crab” and “The Arrow Chest”, two of my favourite historical novels.
- Eating in the main castle dining room surrounded by tapestries and paintings.
- Hearing Bess Chilver speak on Tudor costume.