I know it’s Christmas and you may have rather a lot on your plate (in more ways than one!), but I just wanted to let you know this piece of news.
Our sister site, the Tudor Society, has teamed up with British History Tours to offer Tudor history tours. Our very first tour, The Anne Boleyn Experience 2018, which is taking place in May, is fully booked, but we have just launched a new tour for September 2018, the Discover the Tudors Tour!
There is an early bird discount for the first 8 places booked, so that’s why I wanted to let you know ASAP. The first 8 places are £2800 per person, instead of £3100, a saving of £300! The tour is from 16th to 24th September.
I’m really excited about this tour, 1) Because I’m going on it, 2) Because it visits some of my very favourite places in the UK (including my hometown!), and 3) Because I will get to meet some of you lords and ladies! I can talk Tudor to my heart’s content!
Here is a very brief itinerary, just to give you an idea, and you can find out more on the tour page at https://www.britishhistorytours.com/history-tours/discover-the-tudors, along with how to pay your deposit, terms and conditions etc.
- Day 1 – Pick up in London, travel to Windsor. Our hotel is opposite Windsor Castle! Expert speaker talk.
- Day 2 – Visit the Windsor Castle, including St George’s Chapel.
- Day 3 – Visit Hampton Court Palace. Expert speaker talk.
- Day 4 – Visit Hatfield House and travel on to historic Stratford-upon-Avon.
- Day 5 – Visit Shakespeare’s Birthplace, New Place (where Shakespeare died) and Holy Trinity Church, where Shakespeare is buried.
- Day 6 – Kenilworth Castle (I love the haunting ruins!) and Bosworth Battlefield.
- Day 7 – Travel to London. Visit London Charterhouse.
- Day 8 – Shakespeare’s Bankside and Globe Theatre Tour followed by a talk on Elizabethan dress. Visit to the National Portrait Gallery.
- Day 9 – Breakfast, check-out and say goodbye.
Head on over to https://www.britishhistorytours.com/history-tours/discover-the-tudors to book.