Anne Boleyn Day Competition 2013
Posted By Claire on May 13, 2013
I like to commemorate the anniversary of Anne Boleyn’s execution on 19th May with a special ‘Anne Boleyn Day’ competition so here’s this year’s competition – I hope you enjoy it!
I usually do some kind of article competition but I wanted to do something different this year, something that everybody would be able to participate in: a quiz/scavenger hunt.
All you have to do is answer twelve questions. Many of the answers can be found here on The Anne Boleyn Files (tip: use the Google search box in the right hand menu bar) and you can easily find the answers to the others online. Once you’ve answered all twelve, simply email your answers to me at email@example.com. One lucky winner will receive an Anne Boleyn themed goody bag.
- Tudor themed tote bag
- Anne Boleyn B necklace featuring a gold-plated B pendant
- Signed copies of my 2 Anne Boleyn books – The Anne Boleyn Collection and The Fall of Anne Boleyn: A Countdown
- Signed copy of The Creation of Anne Boleyn by Susan Bordo
- Signed copy of To Die For: A Novel of Anne Boleyn by Sandra Byrd
- Signed copy of Tarnish by Katherine Longshore
- Signed copy of Le Temps Viendra by Sarah Morris
Thank you so much to Susan, Sandra, Katherine and Sarah for kindly donating signed copies of their wonderful books.
- In what year did Claire Ridgway start The Anne Boleyn Files?
- What nationality is Claire?
- Who was Anne Boleyn’s Master of the Horse?
- Which ambassador referred to Anne Boleyn as “the concubine”?
- How many Tudor books has Claire written?
- Sandra Byrd’s To Die For tells Anne Boleyn’s story through which woman’s eyes?
- Where does Sarah Morris’ title Le Temps Viendra come from?
- Susan Bordo’s The Creation of Anne Boleyn is described as “Part biography, part …” (2 words)
- Which Tudor queen did Katherine Longshore’s first Tudor novel feature?
- Where is Anne Boleyn’s resting place (be specific)?
- Where was Anne Boleyn crowned queen?
- Which movie had a scene in which Henry VIII visited Anne Boleyn in the Tower and Anne told Henry “MY Elizabeth SHALL BE QUEEN! And my blood will have been well spent!”
- You must answer all 12 questions and email the answers in one email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The closing date is midnight 20th May 2013 (US Eastern time).
- The competition is open to participants from all countries.
- One winner will be picked at random from the correct entries.
- Only one entry per person will be considered.
- The prize is non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for something else.
- The winner will be announced on The Anne Boleyn Files on 21st May.
Good luck and I hope you enjoy searching for the answers.
35 thoughts on “Anne Boleyn Day Competition 2013”
I’m so excited!! I love a scavenger hunt. What a great idea with such FAB prizes too.
Thanks so much,
I’m glad you like the idea, Shannon, good luck!
I await each “The Anne Boleyn files” – just love reading each exciting episode and now a competition – how super.
Maggie – Australia
What a great idea and such wonderful prizes 🙂
Looking forward to doing this!
Me too! going to get stuck into it right now!!
This was great fun! Always good to have once’s memory refreshed, and I also found new posts which I have not read yet. I will spend some more time on https://www.theanneboleynfiles.com 🙂
Wow, awesome prizes! Those signed books would look quite lovely on my “favorites” shelf. Thanks for the opportunity to win them!
Thank you so very much for this wonderful “all hands” type contest. I LOVE scavenger hunts and this is the BEST one ever since it is about my FAVORITE Historical figure
Too exciting! I have done the questions and emailed to you, Claire! I jumped right into and couldn’t stop ’till completed! Good luck to us ALL…
What a fantastic idea, love these types of things. Just have to say that I love this site, it’s brilliant. Now I’m off to go try and answer these questions 🙂
This is so awesome! I love scavenger hunts! When should I get get started and receive the questions?
The questions are in the post above, simply click on “more”. Thanks!
I really enjoyed doing this! Such awesome prizes too! I’ll be keeping my fingers crossed!
I’m glad you enjoyed doing it, good luck!
I’ve just sent my answers in!It’s been doing this. I’m so excited and nervous at the same time! I hope that I win. It will please and tickle my history geek and AB fangirl heart, lol!!:D
I’ve been following your site for quite awhile now, and never tire of reading it! It’s great! The scavenger hunt contest is such a fun idea, and the prize fabulous. I’ll be sending my entry as soon as I can! Thanks for sharing your site and all your hard work with us!
Hello, Claire, great idea! !
Just a suggestion, maybe for next year. With so many prizes, why don’t you pick more winners, so that more people have the chance and joy to win something?
I run lots of competitions and giveaways so lots of people do get the chance to win. I tend to do things at Halloween, our anniversary in February and then 19th May, and then I’ve run competitions when I’ve launched my books too (and when other authors have launched theirs), so lots and lots of competitions over the years. I just wanted one winner to have a really big prize this time. Hope that makes sense.
Of course it does! It’s your competition after all, you get to choose the rules! 🙂 Thank you for the opportunity and thanks also to the authors who give their books!
That’s ok 🙂
I’m so excited!!! I cannot learn enough about Anne and I learn so much everyday from your blog and books. Thank you Claire! What a wonderful contest!
i hope i am not making you repeat yourself…..i was just wondering, how the winner will be selected; and how and when I will be notified… ha! (kidding)
I will make a list of the names of the correct entries and then use random.org to generate a random number – that number person on the list will win. I will announce the name of the winner on the site on 21st May.
I just want to say THANK you for this amazing competition!!!!
What a great idea! I love it! Thanks so much!
Thank you so much for sponsoring this great competition.
First off I want to say thank you so much for this site!!!! I love how organized your site is and the fact that you actually communicate back with the people on here. I enjoy reading all of your articles and I look forward to learning many new things about Anne Boleyn and the Tudor court. I really like the idea of this scavenger hunt because while I was looking for the answers, I was introduced to authors that I’ve never heard of before and I actually learned a couple of new things. I think that its great that you do this for all of the people that enjoy reading about Anne and even to Anne herself. Keep up the good work! 🙂
I’m so glad that you enjoy the website, Cheryl. Good luck with the competition!
BOOKS!! I shall enter at once.
The most unlucky person of all iv never won any comps it’ll be nice to win once in a while I hope this comp changes on how unlucky I feel
I love any thing about Anne Boleyn and love this contest. But having a little trouble finding the answer to question 7. Can anyone give a little help? I have all the answers but that one. Thanks
Thanks Claire for the chance to win such a great prize. I am most unlucky but here goes.
awesome 🙂 love it
Whew, just in time!!! Hope I did well!!!! Think I did….
Can’t wait to find out who wins!!!