Posted By Claire on November 28, 2012
Apologies for the lack of posts recently, I’ve been rather burned out and my brain just hasn’t been functioning. Anyway, I’m back to firing on all cylinders now and am busy researching for some new articles.
As it’s the festive season, I thought it would be fun to have a Christmas competition. I asked for some ideas for the competition on The AB Files Facebook page and received so many ideas via the page, email and messages – thank you everyone! – but the idea I liked the best was a short Tudor Christmas story. So, here are the competition details:
A set of signed books by Claire Ridgway (me!). The three books are paperback versions of The Anne Boleyn Collection, The Fall of Anne Boleyn: A Countdown and On This Day in Tudor History – see photo. I will sign them and post them to the winner.
- The short story must have a Tudor Christmas theme – I’m leaving it broad so that you can interpret it as you like. It could be a Tudor Christmas ghost story, it could be an account of Christmas at the Tudor court, it could be a contemporary time-travelling story or reincarnation story, a spoof/comedy, a play or Tudor Christmas masque… Anything you like as long as it combines Christmas and Tudor history in some way.
- It must be a minimum of 700 words and there is no maximum word limit. The entry must be in English.
- The closing date for entries is midnight Saturday 15th December (US Eastern Time)
- The story must be your own work and it must be a piece of writing that has not been published elsewhere.
- Email your story, along with your full name, to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entries will be judged by a panel of three judges.
- One entry is allowed per person.
- The competition is open to all ages and entrants from all over the world.
- By entering the competition you are giving your permission for your story to be published on the site.
- The prize is non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for something else.
- One winner will win the pack of three signed books and a runner-up will win a pack of Anne Boleyn magnets.
- The winner will be announced on Wednesday 19th December and have their winning story published as the post of the day.