After having lots of Anne Boleyn Files visitors ask me about Anne Boleyn tours and holidays, I decided to devise my very own “Anne Boleyn Experience”. I just could not find a tour which was focused on Anne Boleyn, and that period of Tudor history, to recommend to people so I’ve been busy planning a special Anne Boleyn focused tour.
The Anne Boleyn Experience 2010 will take place at Hever Castle between 17th May and 21st May 2010, and will be open to a select group of 30 participants, allowing everyone to have a personal experience and to get to know each other. Highlights of The Anne Experience will include:-
- Accommodation at Hever Castle – Where else could an Anne Boleyn tour stay? We will have exclusive use of the WHOLE Astor Wing with its beautiful rooms and conference facilities. We really will be able to walk in Anne Boleyn’s footsteps as we walk round the castle and gardens.
- A full day at Hever Castle – As well as spending our nights at Hever, we will also have a special private Anne Boleyn tour of the castle and a talk from an expert Hever Castle historian.
- A day at the Tower of London – We will visit the Tower of London on 19th May, Anne Boleyn Day, to commemorate the anniversary of her execution. We will be able to visit her resting place and see the roses that are left there every year. This day will also include the opportunity to see famous London landmarks. Our own personal tour guide will show us around the Tower.
- A day at Hampton Court Palace – A chance to see one of Henry VIII’s favourite palaces and enjoy its splendour and the beauty of its gardens. We will have our own personal tour guide.
- Guest speakers – We will gain in knowledge as we listen to the Hever historian, an expert Tudor costumer (we’ll also see exquisite handmade costumes), our personal guide John Renshaw and Dr Josephine Wilkinson, author of “Mary Boleyn: The True Story of Henry VIII’s Mistress”, “Richard III: The Young King to Be” and the upcoming “The Early Loves of Anne Boleyn”.
- Special gift pack of 10 Tudor history books, many signed by the authors, plus an Anne Boleyn Files goodie bag.
- An all-inclusive price – The cost includes everything except your transport to and from the meeting place/drop off point in London.
Visit our special “The Anne Boleyn Experience 2010” website to find out full details of the tour and to book – I’m excited already and it really will be the chance of a lifetime!
Enjoy this slideshow of stunning Hever Castle:-
[slideshow id=45 w=400 h=320]
****P.S. Sorry about the website “down times” we’re having at the moment – We’ve just moved servers because our old server couldn’t cope and are going through a bit of a “settling in period”. We are in contact with our web hosting company trying to get everything sorted so we don’t have service interruptions but please do bear with us. If they don’t get it sorted soon then it will be off to the Tower with them!!****