Well, I’ve just raised a toast to Anne Boleyn (it’s lunchtime here, I’m not having wine for breakfast!) and watched the execution speech from The Tudors – moving but not very historically accurate! But I thought I’d just share with you a few things I’ve added to the site in the past 24 hours to commemorate Anne Boleyn Day and to improve the site:-
- $50 discount off the beautiful hand-painted oil-on-canvas replica Tudor portraits – from now until 26th May
- Addicted to Anne page – All 8 of the entries to the article competition can be found here.
- Anne Poems and Execution Speeches pages added
- Official licensed “The Tudors” Anne Boleyn gown added to our Products Page – I want it!!
- The Anne Boleyn Files Cafe Press Store created – get stylish Anne Boleyn T-shirts, tracksuits, hoodies and more. I will be adding more designs soon.
- Tudor Jewellery added to Products Page – from state chains to brooches, from coins to a Jane Seymour pendant. This is in addition to our B necklace andcontemporary range.
- The Anne Boleyn Files magazine – I am busy creating a monthly magazine for The Anne Boleyn Files subscribers. Exciting!
Do I sleep? No!
Anyway, I’d just like the opportunity to thank you all for your support. I’ve been truly humbled by your emails of appreciation for this site. I just hope Anne would like it!
Funny story – I was chatting via email with Steve, the jeweller who makes the Anne Boleyn B necklace and our Tudor range, yesterday about The Tudors. He was saying that they had started filming Season 4 and that he had provided them with a lot of jewellery and cutlery etc. so I asked him whether he liked the show. Steve admitted to only having watched 10 minutes of one episode because he couldn’t bear the fact that they were wearing the state chains all wrong. Instead of having them pinned at the back and shoulders, he said that they were hanging down to their navels – oh dear!
Please let me know if there is anything else you’d like to see on the site.
Well, please read Emma’s winning article below and my account of Anne Boleyn’s execution. To Anne!