Posted By Claire on April 27, 2010
Like last year, I want to commemorate the anniversary of the execution of Anne Boleyn on the 19th May with an article competition. I want you to write an article about who or what you think was responsible for the fall of Anne Boleyn:-
- Thomas Cromwell?
- Henry VIII?
- Anne Boleyn herself?
- The Aragonese faction?
- Jane Seymour?
- A combination of factors? etc. etc.
You can choose the title but I want you to give me your theory, tell me why you believe it and back it up with evidence if you can. The winning article will be chosen on its merits, the writer’s ability to back up their theory, whatever their point of view.
The judges will choose one winner to win your choice of either a $30 Amazon voucher (£20 for Amazon UK users) or a $30 Anne Boleyn Files voucher for use on our jewellery ranges, arts and crafts, dresses or French Hoods.
Here are the rules:-
- Write an original article about the reason(s) for Anne Boleyn’s fall, giving it your own title.
- The article should have a minimum of 400 words – There is no upper word limit.
- Email your article, along with your full name, to email@example.com by the end of Wednesday 12th May. The winner will be announced week beginning the 17th May. I will be on the Anne Boleyn Experience 2010 tour but I will announce the winner here on the website.
- Your article must be your own work and by entering the competition you are giving your permission for it to be published on the site. Obviously you can quote academic sources.
- If you quote from a book or historical source then please cite it.
- Do not use an article that you have already had published elsewhere.
- The prize is non-transferrable and cannot be exchanged for something else.
All articles will be published here on the site so that visitors can read them and enjoy them. Good luck!
Ask any questions in the comments below or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org