Posted By Claire on September 22, 2011
This day in history, 22nd September 1515, saw the birth of Henry VIII’s fourth wife, Anne of Cleves, or Anna von Jülich-Kleve-Berg to give her her proper name.
You can read all about Anne in the following articles. She really is a fascinating woman and it is so sad that she has gone down in history as the ugly one, the one Henry couldn’t even bring himself to sleep with.
- Anne of Cleves – Flanders Mare
- Birth of Anne of Cleves
- Anne of Cleves Arrives in England
- Henry VIII Marries Anne of Cleves
- Henry VIII Divorces Anne of Cleves
- The Death of Anne of Cleves
Are you joining me for The Anne Boleyn Fellowship webinar later today? I hope so, see you there! If you don’t know about it, click here for details.