Posted By Claire on December 16, 2014
Sometime during the night of 15th/16th December 1485 Queen Isabella I of Castile gave birth to a daughter, Catalina, at Alcalá de Henares, near Madrid. Catalina was the last child of Isabella and her husband Ferdinand II of Aragón and was named after her maternal great-grandmother, Catalina of Castile or Catherine of Lancaster.
Of course, we know Princess Catalina better as Catherine of Aragon, first wife of Henry VIII.
You can find out more about Catherine in the following articles:
- 16 December 1485 – Birth of Catherine of Aragon, First Wife and Queen Consort of Henry VIII
- Catherine of Aragon – The Boring One?
- Anne Boleyn and Catherine of Aragon Part 1
- Anne Boleyn and Catherine of Aragon Part 2
- The Death of Catherine of Aragon
- RIP Catherine of Aragon
- Did an Eating Disorder Prevent Catherine of Aragon having a Son?
- Catherine Sets Sail for England
- The Coronation of King Henry VIII and Queen Catherine