Friday Round Up
Posted By Claire on November 27, 2009
I hope those of you in the USA had a wonderful Thanksgiving yesterday with your family and friends and that you enjoy shopping today on Black Friday. Have fun!
Well, let’s get down to business. Here is our usual weekly round up of Anne Boleyn Files and Tudor news:-
Opulence Jewellery Range Launched – Our new range of luxury jewellery was launched on Monday and although we haven’t got a Black Friday sale we are offering 10% off orders placed on our Opulence site between now and the 4th December. Simply type LAUNCH10 into the coupon code box at checkout. Browse the Opulence collection now at http://opulence.theanneboleynfiles.com/
- Clip On Earrings – Those of you who love our earrings but who have not got pierced ears will be happy to know that our earrings are now available as clip ons. The clip on fixtures that Daniela has found are designed to look like normal earrings and are available in either a gold-plated or silver-plated finish to match your chosen earrings.
- Sir Henry Norris Part 1 – This week I have written about “Gentle Mr Norris”, an all round nice guy whose job was to wipe the royal bum, or perhaps he just supervised this! It is sad that such a lovely sounding chap was caught up in this plot and executed because he stood in Cromwell’s way. I know we all feel strongly about Anne’s innocence but let’s also consider the men involved.
- 5 Things You Didn’t Know about the Mary Rose – As part of my new section on the Mary Rose, I have added this page with five interesting facts. Please support us in our quest to raise £500 for the Mary Rose 500 Appeal – click here for more details. I haven’t weighed myself this week but I lost 2lbs in the first week and I’ve been stunning my wii virtual personal trainer with my moves and my commitment! Missing chocolate and cake though, sob!
New Speaker – Unfortunately, Josephine Wilkinson has had to pull out of the Anne Boleyn Experience 2010 but author and historian Elizabeth Norton has agreed to take her place. Elizabeth’s books include “Anne Boleyn: Henry VIII’s Obsession”, “Jane Seymour: Henry VIII’s True Love”, “Anne of Cleves: Henry VIII’s Discarded Bride” and “She-wolves: The Notorious Queens of England”. She is presently writing a book on Catherine Parr which will be published early next year. I’m so glad that Elizabeth is able to join us – thank you, Elizabeth. Wow, only 170 days to go until the tour, I’m so excited!
- The Elizabeth Files – A post on the history of Thanksgiving and a new piece of jewelry, the pretty Princess Elizabeth sterling silver ring, added to our shop.
- Christmas Ordering Deadlines – We’re very nearly in December so please do get your orders in on time and pick the appropriate shipping service. Check out our Christmas Ordering Deadlines page for information on when to get your order in and what shipping you should choose. I really must get on with my Christmas shopping!
- New Online Resources – I’ve already mentioned that “Letters and Papers, Foreign and Domestic, Henry VIII” are now online to view for free at British History Online, but you can also read “Hall’s Chronicle” which includes “The Triumphant Reigne of King Henry the VIII” online. Click here to read the original handwritten text or click here to read or download the much easier type-written text. Thank you to Anne Boleyn Files visitor, Louise, for pointing these two websites out.
- Elizabeth Locket Ring – This ring is now available in other letters – A, E, F, H, K, L, M, N, T, V, W, X, Y and Z. Due to the shape of the vintage crystal baguettes, we cannot offer “curved” letters. Over at The Elizabeth Files, there is also an Elizabeth Locket Necklace available.
- Henry VIII is alive – See the wonderful BBC comedy sketches with Brian Blessed as Henry 8.0 living in today’s world. See my Henry VIII is Alive post and Henry VIII is Alive – Comedy page.
- Friday History Quiz – Test your history knowledge with the weekly quiz from BBC History Magazine. I got 4 out of 7 this week, hope you do better!