Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed Topic RSSsp_TopicIcon
September 8, 2011
12:48 am
Sophie1536
Lincolnshire UK
Members
Forum Posts: 306
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

As the 10th Anniversary of 911 approaches I just felt I had to say something.
My heart goes out to every single person who was touched by this inhumane tragedy, my prayers go out to all who perrished and my thoughts are with everyone left who suffered and is still suffering because of that day.

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh144/nicksbabe28/Backstreet%20n%20Graffix/Image4-1.jpg

September 8, 2011
2:12 pm
Impish_Impulse
US Midwest
Members
Forum Posts: 595

It was truly a defining moment in my life – my generation's Pearl Harbor. I watched it unfold on TV live. I felt confusion over what was happening, disbelief, anger, horror, and wondered how long the attacks would continue and where they would go next. I'll never forget the realization that I was watching people die, live on TV, and what an obscenity, how WRONG that was. It physically hurt, and emotionally, I cried for days.

May all of 9/11's victims find peace.

survivor ribbon                             

"Don't knock at death's door. 

Ring the bell and run. He hates that."    

September 8, 2011
6:13 pm
Mya Elise
Ohio,US
Members
Forum Posts: 781

It was such a tragic thing. I couldn't believe it at first then finally i saw the videos and images and the first thing i felt was sadness for those who died and those who lost family and friends. I know a few people whose father's died that day and my heart goes out to them and everyone. I couldn't believe how someone could do that…to innocent people, to innocent families. I'm glad that monster isn't alive on this earth anymore, that was true justice for victims of 9 11. I don't usually wish death on people but he deserved it. Sorry but he did. I won't even type his name because of how disgusting and shameful he is. 

Rest in Peace 9 / 11 victims. And God please bring happiness to families of them. 

• Grumble all you like, this is how it’s going to be.

September 8, 2011
7:39 pm
Anyanka
La Belle Province
Members
Forum Posts: 2333

On 9/11/2001 Iwas 38 wks pregnant. DD1 had started day-care that day. I was looking forward to a relaxing day….when I heard the dj saying they would be updating the situation in NY in a few minutes.

I switched on the tv to see the second plane hit the South Tower. My phone went mad. Dh was supposed to fly to NY that day. Some of his collegues were flying out of Boston that morning. I had a cousin flying from NY to San Francisco who was en-route…..

On the second call from DH the  South Tower collapsed. DH asked what the noise in the back ground was and I told him. He repeated it as he had co-workers in his office, his tone was so subdued and disbelieving. ONe of his collegues went out to buy a radio because they couldn't access any websites due to excess traffic.

I had friends, family, co-workers of DH phone me…FAmily and friends to check we were okay. DH's co-workers in Boston couldn't get through to the office and were trying to re-assure DH that they were okay and had managed to hire a car and were driving back.

And all I could think about was not going into labour because there was going to be other people who needed medical attention…

This year both DD1( now 13) and DD2( nearly 10) are unusually intereasted so the 3 of us are spending a lot of time talking about it.

Gander in Newfoundland which took in a lot of the re-routed planes is to be honoured in Washington on Sunday

A decade after 9/11, Gander will get a heartfelt thank you when Washington rolls out the red carpet Thursday night to honour the little town that embraced 6,700 passengers and crew members, all stranded there in airliners grounded after the closure of U.S. airspace following the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center and Pentagon.

A delegation from Gander, including Mayor Claude Elliott, will receive an International Resiliency award recognizing the town's efforts at a gala ceremony hosted by the Center for National Policy and the Voices of September 11.

It's always bunnies.

September 8, 2011
7:40 pm
Impish_Impulse
US Midwest
Members
Forum Posts: 595

No, I understand, Mya. Ordinarily, I’d be appalled at someone being tracked down and shot without trial, but not him. I was happy and relieved he was finally dead. It’s not enough, but it helps.

ETA: Gander, Newfoundland deserves every bit of praise they receive. They were wonderful in rising to the challenge of that horrible day.

survivor ribbon                             

"Don't knock at death's door. 

Ring the bell and run. He hates that."    

September 8, 2011
7:48 pm
Anyanka
La Belle Province
Members
Forum Posts: 2333

ITA Mya and Impish.. I feel the same..it's not nice but  sometimes..nice isn't the best thing.

I understand about not typiing the name as well. I try to avoid typing the names of those who shoot thier fellow students or small children or in other ways try to gain some kind of morbid recognision for an aborant(sp?) act.

It's always bunnies.

September 9, 2011
12:43 am
Sophie1536
Lincolnshire UK
Members
Forum Posts: 306

My daughter was roughly 20 months old and as the events unfolded I was convinced the world would be at war, I thought that my daughter would never see her second birthday……….

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh144/nicksbabe28/Backstreet%20n%20Graffix/Image4-1.jpg

September 9, 2011
10:14 am
Sharon
Binghamton, NY
Members
Forum Posts: 2114

I will never forget how blue the sky was that Tuesday morning.  There was a touch of autumn in the air.  It was the kind of morning that just makes you smile.  I poured myself a cup of coffee and turned on the TV.

I remember wondering when the attacks would end.  They just kept happening.  We watched as the plane hit the second tower.  As we watched the Pentagon was hit and the plane crashed in PA.  Then the towers fell.  Such horror.  

I remember going to the store that day and I swear you could have heard a pin drop.  The store was crowded but it was so quiet.  People were whispering instead of talking and there were many crying as they were watching the TV at the checkout counter.  It was like that all over.  

I thought I would never stop crying. There was physical pain and later the anger was just as painful.  I'm glad he's dead too.  In fact I wish I could have pulled the trigger.  If that's wrong, then so be it.   I'd love to give the Seal who did pull the trigger a great big kiss.   

My thoughts and prayers go out to those who lost family and friends that day.  I would also like to mention all the firemen and policemen who were at ground zero during the weeks after the attack.  They were so brave and many are suffering from the effects of the poisonous air they were breathing during the recovery.  My heart goes out to them as well as to our brave soldiers, those who have been lost, and those who are fighting, and to their families.

September 9, 2011
12:49 pm
MegC
Georgia, US
Members
Forum Posts: 426

I was a junior in college.  I was up unusually early for me (I usually rolled out of bed and walked to my genetics class in my pjs and flip flops), but for some reason I was up early that day.  So I was drying my hair and watching Good Morning America.  I remember Charlie Gibson bringing the breaking news that one of the Towers had been hit by a plane, but no one was sure why it had been hit.  They were initially speculating that the plane had been a small private jet that had accidentally hit the Tower or something to that effect, then suddenly, out of literally no where, this HUGE jet just smashes into the other Tower and it sort of simultaneously occurs to everyone that this was not an isolated incident.  There was something sinister at work here.  I had been watching Good Morning America for years, and I had never heard Charlie Gibson so speechless.

I called my friend who lived directly above me and told her to turn on the news, but she came downstairs to my room instead, and then I called my mom who was at work and had no clue what was happening.  

My genetics class started at 9:30, and I remember walking to my class and passing students who were leaving their 8:00 classes and telling them to turn on their TVs.  My genetics prof had no idea anything was going on.  By the time I got back to my dorm after genetics, the lobby was packed with students who were returning from class and never made it to their rooms.  It was so quiet.  Everyone just watching.

I agree with Sharon.  I will never forget how beautiful the day promised to be.

A couple of days later, the dorms started a collection for the Red Cross.  I will never forget my freshman residents, who had less money than I did and I had a paying job, giving me everything they had for the Red Cross donation box.  One resident handed me a $50 bill and I asked her if she was sure.  And I remember that she said, “They need it more than I do”.  

As awful as it was, I remember the feeling of unity and patriotism that seemed to surge through everyone in the days that followed.  Suddenly, everyone was proud to be an American again.  Your petty stereotypes and bigotries didn't matter anymore because all that mattered was that we were all Americans.  I don't want another terrorist attack, but I wish we could get some of that back.

"We mustn't let our passions destroy our dreams…"

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 214
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Anyanka: 2333
Boleyn: 2285
Sharon: 2114
Bella44: 933
DuchessofBrittany: 846
Mya Elise: 781