Posted By Claire on August 15, 2016
As the closing date of our Tudor Calendar Photography Competition is 1st September, I thought I’d repost the information and rules. Hopefully, lots of you will have had the chance to take photos of historic places or at Renaissance faires over the summer.
In the early autumn, we will be launching our 2017 Anne Boleyn Files calendar. As usual, each month will feature a Tudor-themed photograph taken by an Anne Boleyn Files follower. Fancy being a part of it? Enter the competition then!
Calendar Competition Rules and Information
- The subject of your photo must have a Tudor theme – It could be of a Tudor building or attraction, it could be of a re-enactment such as a joust or battle, it could be taken at a Renaissance faire, it could feature a re-enactor in Tudor costume, it could be of a Tudor artefact… Anything that has a Tudor theme.
- You can submit up to 3 photos.
- Photos can be in colour or black and white.
- Permission needs to be obtained from everybody featured in the photo.
- The competition is open to entrants from all over the world.
- Photos need to be accompanied by a description giving details regarding the place/event.
- You can enter by filling in the form below and attaching your photos. If you have problems then you can send them to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The competition is open to amateur and professional photographers.
- By entering the competition you are giving The Anne Boleyn Files permission to publish your photo in the calendar and on its website.
- The photo(s) must be your own work and the copyright must belong solely to you.
- We cannot accept photos that have been entered into any other competition or published elsewhere.
- A panel of judges will pick 12 photos to feature in the calendar and one overall winner whose photo will also be published on the calendar cover. A runner-up will also be chosen.
- Closing date is end of day 1st September 2016.
12 winning photos will be picked for publication in the calendar and each photographer’s name will appear on the calendar. An overall winner will be picked and will win a $50 Amazon.com gift certificate or a £30 Amazon.co.uk gift certificate (or equivalent for your country’s Amazon page) on top of having his/her photo published on the front cover. A runner-up will win a $25 Amazon gift certificate or equivalent.
Emma Wheatley won the competition last year with her beautiful photo of Anne Hathaway’s cottage in the snow.
If your file is too big to upload here then you can email your photos with details to me at email@example.com