Posted By Claire on June 8, 2017
Yes, it’s that time of year again (where does time go?)! It’s time to launch our annual photography competition.
What is this? I hear you ask. Well, each year we produce The Anne Boleyn Files Tudor Calendar. This is a printed wall calendar and each month features a Tudor-themed photograph taken by an Anne Boleyn Files follower – on the right, you can see last year’s calendar. Photos are chosen by a panel of judges from entries to our annual photography competition, so if you fancy being featured in our 2018 calendar you need to enter.
Calendar Competition Rules and Information
- The subject of your photo must have a Tudor theme – It could be of a Tudor building or attraction, it could be of a re-enactment such as a joust or battle, it could be taken at a Renaissance faire, it could feature a re-enactor in Tudor costume, it could be of a Tudor artefact… Anything that has a Tudor theme.
- You can submit up to 3 photos.
- Photos can be in colour or black and white, but must be landscape (horizontal) as portrait (vertical) photos do not work very well with our calendar format.
- Permission needs to be obtained from everybody featured in the photo.
- The competition is open to entrants from all over the world.
- Photos need to be accompanied by a description giving details regarding the place/event.
- You can enter by filling in the form below and attaching your photos. If you have problems then you can send them to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The competition is open to amateur and professional photographers.
- By entering the competition you are giving The Anne Boleyn Files permission to publish your photo in the calendar and on its website.
- The photo(s) must be your own work and the copyright must belong solely to you.
- We cannot accept photos that have been entered into any other competition or published elsewhere.
- A panel of judges will pick 12 photos to feature in the calendar and one overall winner whose photo will also be published on the calendar cover. A runner-up will also be chosen.
- Closing date is end of day 1st September 2017.
12 winning photos will be picked for publication in the calendar and each photographer’s name will appear on the calendar. An overall winner will be picked and will win a $50 Amazon.com gift certificate or a £30 Amazon.co.uk gift certificate (or equivalent for your country’s Amazon page) on top of having his/her photo published on the front cover. A runner-up will win a $25 Amazon gift certificate or equivalent. All 12 winners will be sent a copy of the calendar.
Last year’s calendar included Hampton Court Palace, Smallhythe Place, Rye, Leeds Castle, the Tower of London, Edinburgh Castle, Hever Castle, Fountains Abbey and Hoghton Tower, and Lynnie Keathley was the overall winner with her beautiful photo of the Tower of London.
If you have any problems entering the competition then please contact email@example.com. Thank you!