October 31, 2010
I am watching The Tudors through Netflix, and I'm currently working my way through season 2. Here are some thoughts thus far:
1) While I realize that sex was a frequent pasttime in the Tudor Court, I can't help but be amazed at the convincing nature of the lovemaking scenes. That's some serious acting!
2) Natalie Dormer as Anne Boleyn is simply amazing.
3) I have a growing respect for Jonathan Rhys Meyers. Taking on the character of Henry VIII is a daunting task for any actor, and I am continually impressed by his portrayal. The subtleness of his facial expressions is fantastic.
4) All the blond-headed minor female characters look the same to me. I couldn't tell you who is portraying Jane Parker anymore than I could tell you who is portraying Jane Seymour. And I'm a blond! I just wish that casting would have attempted to find some blond women who didn't look so much alike!
5) Going back to Natalie Dormer and Jonathan Rhys Meyers: Their chemistry is just phenomenal–especially towards the end of season 2 when Anne is falling out of favor and being replaced by Jane Seymour. There are times when I feel like I am watching the demise of a true marriage and not just two actors.
6) While I realize how inaccurate this part of the portrayal is, I do appreciate how the producers affected Henry's aging between seasons 1 and 2 by having Jonathan Rhys Meyers either grow or wear a beard and mustache. Leaving him clean-shaven in season 2 would have been completely unconvincing.
"We mustn't let our passions destroy our dreams…"
Most Users Ever Online: 214
Mya Elise: 781
Guest Posters: 0
Newest Members:DennisDorie, vitushatault, oghmaniusVom, Urocchxae, Puimignog, Emma3456
Administrators: Claire: 959