Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed Topic RSSsp_TopicIcon
19th May 2010
May 18, 2010
5:58 am
Boleyn7
London, uk
Members
Forum Posts: 3
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I wasn't able to afford the fabulous trip that others are on, so as I am lucky enough to live in London I will be making the trip to the Tower and Tower Hill tomorrow to pay my respects and say a prayer for Queen Anne, Lord Rochford, Sir Henry Norris,  Sir Francis Weston, Sir William Brereton and Mark Smeaton.

I hope to see some of you there. If not, please raise a glass to the memory of the strong, vivacious, clever, beautiful, brave and most of all innocent Queen and mother of Gloriana.

Anne the Queene

May 18, 2010
11:29 am
Sharon
Binghamton, NY
Members
Forum Posts: 2114

Yes, please raise your glasses to Anne from all of us poor Americans who cannot be with you in person, but who are with you in spirit.

May 18, 2010
11:41 am
Bella44
New Zealand
Members
Forum Posts: 933

I'm stuck on the other side of the world, where its already the 19th and getting ready for work, but I'm thinking of you all and Anne and the brave men who died with her.  I'm wearing my Anne necklace today in memory (the one I always get asked about, leading me to go off on my special Anne speech!  Preparing a special one for today as I type!) 

Laugh

May 18, 2010
1:39 pm
Beth
England
Members
Forum Posts: 104

I will be at the Tower tomorrow. If you spot an Anne look alike wearing a silver B necklace that'll be me 🙂

I'm a bit psychic so I'm interested to know what residual energy will be there. It should be a very moving day.

May 18, 2010
2:43 pm
Boleyn7
London, uk
Members

I'll look out for you all. I think Anne must know that we are all there for her, and is looking out for us too!

Anne the Queene

May 18, 2010
7:54 pm
Emma_pug
Pennsylvania, USA
Members
Forum Posts: 51

Hi strangers!

I do hope she knows how many she has touched.

Someday, someday, I will get there to the Tower.  It's my goal in life, I just need finances and other things to cooperate! 

May 19 is a sad day but also one to celebrate what an incredible woman she was.

Noli me tangere

May 19, 2010
1:21 am
Becca
Members
Forum Posts: 5

I went to the tower a few years ago, it really is a beautiful place.

I'm in black today, RIP Anne

May 20, 2010
1:59 am
Anique
Members
Forum Posts: 6

I wasn't able to join the Anne Boleyn experience and I didn't have the money to go to the Tower with my family, like we planned, but I remembered her in my own way.

I lit a candle, I watched her last episode on The Tudors and a lot of tribute videos on Youtube.

It's great to see how much respect Anne got. <3

May 20, 2010
5:35 pm
Impish_Impulse
US Midwest
Members
Forum Posts: 595

wreckmasterjay said:Imagine if she had been lost to history!Surprised

Henry tried his best to make that happen. Happily, he failed utterly.

survivor ribbon                             

"Don't knock at death's door. 

Ring the bell and run. He hates that."    

May 21, 2010
2:25 am
Beth
England
Members

wreckmasterjay said:Tried and failed….I wonder how mad he would get if he knew there would be groups dedicated to his ex wife!!! Especially since everyone on here thinks she's awesome!

It wouldn't matter how annoyed he got, all you'd have to do is run away. He wasn't exactly in shape to keep up with you!

May 21, 2010
4:04 am
Anique
Members
Forum Posts: 6

lol, I am amused even imagining it.

sorry Henry, I have bucketloads more respect for your ex than for you.

seriously though, it was so so amazing to see how many people thought about Anne and showed respect for her.

Wherever she is, she must be happy.

May 21, 2010
5:33 am
Boleyn7
London, uk
Members

Haha Beth love your image of Henry running!Embarassed

I'm so pleased that I went to the Tower on 19th.  The Tower Hill scaffold site made me shiver on a warm day, and I noticed again that the 5 murdered for Queen Anne were not commemorated on the plaques there. When I arrived at Tower Green, I was so touched to see the flowers there. I was lucky enough to be alone for several minutes before the hoards wandered up, and it seemed strangely peaceful. Some tourists were asking why and I got to enlighten them all about the wonderful Queen! St Peter's was a wonderfully peaceful experience, and I made sure I curtsyed to the Queen as I left.

I was sorry not to see any of fellow ABF members there, I did notice a lady in a B necklace, but she turned out to work at the Tower and was commemorating Anne in her own way! I'm sure that Anne must 'see' us and must know.

Now re-reading my Eric Ives in her memory.

Anne the Queene

May 24, 2010
9:27 am
Claire
Admin
Forum Posts: 958

There was the usual basket of red roses which are delivered every year without fail and come from a bequest and then I put some red roses down from all of us at The Anne Boleyn Files and there were a few other bunches too. Someone had also put a few roses on the glass monument on Tower Green. It was very moving to see that Anne was very much remembered and I hope that those flowers “spoke” to tourists who did not realise what day it was and got them asking questions.

I met and shook hands with Beth and Wendy and I'm sorry if you were there and I missed you. I thought I'd be sobbing away in the chapel but I actually felt very peaceful. We toasted Anne's memory with some bubbly before dinner and I purposely raised the toast to celebrate Anne's life rather than commemorate her death – we had a special day and evening and I felt that Anne was smiling down on us.

Debunking the myths about Anne Boleyn

May 25, 2010
2:01 pm
Beth
England
Members

I was actually quite shocked that I cried. I didn't expect to! I was lucky that Duncan was there for me to hide behind! It was bizarre, I literally walked over to the scaffold site and burst into tears. As soon as I moved away and stopped crying I felt absolutely fine, almost peaceful. I'm quite sensitive psychic-wise and I think it was just the risidual horror and sadness of that particular area. I didn't feel that Anne was there, I'm certain she's moved on. Rather it was her memory on a spiritual level, the echo of the lives lost there.

June 2, 2010
2:11 pm
Wendy
UK
Members
Forum Posts: 47

I was at the Tower to pay my respects to Anne. I knew the ABF Tour would be there that day, but as I was on my lunch hour and only had a short time I didn't hold out much hope of meeting anyone. Besides, how would I recognise them?  I was standing at the scaffold site when I noticed the people around me were all wearing ABF jewellery! Laugh So that's how I got to meet Claire, the creator of my favourite website.

June 4, 2010
10:12 am
Claire
Admin
Forum Posts: 958

It was lovely to meet you Wendy. I saw you looking at us intently so I figured that you were trying to work out whether we were the AB Experience group!

Debunking the myths about Anne Boleyn

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 214
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Anyanka: 2333
Boleyn: 2285
Sharon: 2114
Bella44: 933
DuchessofBrittany: 846
Mya Elise: 781