Everyone has heard of Hampton Court Palace and the Tower of London but did you know that the United Kingdom also has many other Tudor buildings and places of interest to see? Make the most of a holiday to the UK and consider visiting some other Tudor places.
To make it easier, I’m going to split the Tudor places into:-
- Royal Palaces, Houses, Castles and Forts – Places that were royal residences or that were used for defence in Tudor times.
- Historic Houses – Houses which were owned by important Tudor characters or that were visited by Tudor monarchs.
- Religious and Educational Buildings – Monasteries and colleges with tudor links.
- Places of Interest – Other places and towns that relate to the Tudor period.
- Museums and galleries – Places where you can see Tudor paintings, relics and artefacts.
In each list, I will give the location and website link to help you find out more.